Competition/Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. Promoter, General Terms and Conditions, Competition Rules
(1) These Terms and Conditions together with any specific rules set out in competition notices are the Competition Rules apply to the VIPA competitions promoted by VIPA GmbH. By entering these competitions, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and Competition Rules. These competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with facebook. Entrants are providing information to VIPA GmbH and not to any other party.
(2) The competitions are promoted by VIPA GmbH, Ohmstraße 4, 91074 Herzogenaurach, Germany. If a cooperation partner of VIPA GmbH is a joint promoter, this will be expressly stated. Any messages for VIPA GmbH must be sent to the following email address: Marketing@vipa.de
(3) By entering these competitions promoted by VIPA GmbH, entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and Competition Rules and to be bound by them.
2. Qualifying entrants
(1) To qualify to enter the competition you must be aged 16 (sixteen) or over.
(2) Employees of VIPA GmbH and profichip GmbH, employees of cooperation partners of the respective competition and all persons, who are or have been engaged in the implementation of the respective competition, are not eligible to enter the competition. The same applies for their immediate families and their partner in a consensual union.
(3) There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
3. The competition
Entry opens as soon as the announcement of the competition is uploaded on the VIPA GmbH facebook page. The competition closes with the notification of the winner.
To enter the VIPA competition you have to “Like” the VIPA facebook page and to comment on the competition post. Multiple comments will be rejected and only the first guess will be taken into account. Any entrant who correctly guesses the number of YASKAWA ducks can win. The winners will be drawn among all participants, who correctly guess the number of ducks and will be announced on the facebook page.
The prize will be delivered free of charge to the winners.
4. The Prize
Prizes are not transferable, they cannot be exchanged and there is no cash alternative.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, the prize will be delivered to the prize winner free of charge.
Note: For deliveries from Germany to countries outside the European Union customs are to be paid upon arrival of the shipment in the country of destination. This is over and above the standard import duties. Charges for customs clearance (and its handling, e.g. by a forwarding agency) have to be paid for by the prize winner. We do not have any influence on these charges and cannot predict the amount. The customs regulations vary significantly from country to country.
The winner will be announced. Following such announcement, the winner will be required to claim the prize within 21 days, calculated from the first announcement of the winner by VIPA GmbH. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
The competition prize, which may be presented visually or orally in the competition notice of VIPA GmbH, must not necessarily match the actual prize. The competition prize may vary in terms of the model, colour and equipment.
VIPA GmbH reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the competition rules - and any prize award will be void.
6. Exclusion from any prize award
If it becomes apparent that an entrant has violated any competition rules, he or she will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters relating to the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Publication of names: Promotion
The VIPA GmbH is allowed to publicly announce the winner’s name on facebook or VIPA websites, except the winner has explicitly objected to publication.
The winner undertakes to be available free of charge within reasonable limits for audio, photo, image and text promotions on the radio, the internet or printed publications, and agrees to the publication of his / her contribution, in word, image or text, related to the competition.
8. Cancellation of the competition
The VIPA GmbH reserves the right to terminate the competition at any time. This shall apply especially in case of force majeure or if the contest cannot be carried out or continued for other organizational, technical or legal reasons. In this case, entrants cannot make claims of any kind against VIPA GmbH.
(1) The VIPA GmbH shall not be responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
(2) The VIPA GmbH shall not accept any responsibility or liability for the material on any links and references within the scope of the competition.
(3) VIPA GmbH cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. VIPA GmbH is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant‘s or any other person‘s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the competition. Nothing shall exclude VIPA GmbH’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence and cases of wilful action.
10. Written Information / Written Terms and Conditions
In the event of discrepancy between written information on the VIPA’s websites or facebook page and these Terms and Conditions and the competition notice, the General Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
11. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
VIPA reserves the right to cancel or amend the Terms and Conditions without notice.
12. Data protection
Any personal data relating to entrants will be used and stored exclusively for the purpose of the competition. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be deleted after a predetermined period once the competition closes. It is responsibility of each entrant to cancel participation in the competition and revoke his/her consent to the retaining of any personal data. If entrants do not want VIPA GmbH to use their data in this way they must write to: Marketing@vipa.de. Once an entrant’s personal data has been deleted, he/she will be excluded from participating in the competition.
13. Final Clause
(1) The Competition and Rules will be governed by German law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Germany.
(2) Applicable laws require that any deviations from the Terms and Conditions must in writing. The same applies to any waiver of the need for the written form.
(3) If any of these Terms and Conditions or any Competition Rules are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or rule will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and rules which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law. While every effort is made to ensure that information in the Terms and Conditions is correct, VIPA GmbH makes no warranty express or implied as to the nature or accuracy of any such material to the extent permitted by applicable law.
(4) As far as an agreement is permissible, the place of fulfilment and legal domicile is Fuerth, Germany. Otherwise it is the location of the sued party.
(5) All decisions are final and not subject to legal appeal.
14. Competition promoter
The competition is promoted by:
Gesellschaft für Visualisierung
und Prozessautomatisierung mbH
Managing Director: Bobbie Linkenbach, Manfred Stern
Register Court: Local court Fuerth/Bayern
Registration Number: HRB 3077
VAT-Identification-Number according to § 27a sales tax law: DE 132 504 368
15. facebook Disclaimer
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, facebook Ireland Limited Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. The promoter is the contact person and person responsible. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding these Terms and Conditions and Competition Rules will be directed to the promoter. By submitting an entry in this competition and/or accepting any prize you may win, you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless facebook from any claims arising from the administration of this competition.
Last updated August 2017