This CPU is created for time-critical applications and fulfils at the same time the demands for increasing memory capacity. The memory could be dynamicly adapted additionally to the demands of the plant/application every time, without the need of exchanging the existing hardware. Thereby the number of the needed CPU types - which the customer has to insert in all applications - reduces to one.
There is a integrated High-Speed-Ethernet-CP 343 with RFC1006, TCP/IP and UDP available for the CPUs since August 2005. This CPU is projectable with up to 16 connections (depends on CPU version).
General informations to SPEED7
The CPU with SPEED7 technology is the first PLC which is configurable via MMC (Memory Configuration Card) for a large memory area. Of course, the functions of the previous VIPA MMC, beside the scaling of the memory, are still available - e. g. as a external data memory for scources and programs as well as for the firmware updates. The standard MMC card could be used for storing of programs and data during for the running of the CPU. For the operating of the CPUs the memory card is not necessary.
Profibus is available as integrated fieldbus interface. Furthermore the VIPA MPI interface with 12Mbit/s is included, which besides standard MPI-communication to PG also allows a PtP connection via Green Cable.
In addition the SPEED7-CPUs possess an integrated Ethernet-interface which offer convenient programming via network to the user.
Peripherals can be connected in two ways:
- Serial connection as usual on the right side via S7-300-Standard Backplane Bus, at which all S7-300-I/O-modules as well as partly communication processors and function modules like counters are to be operated.
- The special feature of CPUs 314ST/317 is the parallel connection via VIPA Highspeed parallel bus on the left side of the CPU, which offers the possibility to use special fast peripherals. For the Highspeed parallel bus VIPA is offering digital in-/ outputs, fast analog inputs, FAST Profibus-DP, INTERBUS-Master as well CAN-Interface (see relating list of VIPA).
With the integrated Master for Profibus-DP, the Ethernet-Interface and the MPÂ²I-Interface VIPA is supporting all important interfaces in one system.
CPUs: Multi-processor architecture, equipped with SPEED7-Chip of profichip GmbH
Language: STEP7 from Siemens, adjustable as compatible to Type 300- or 400-
Memory: CPU 314ST/315SB with 64kB to 2MB configurable in steps to 128, 256 and 512kByte or CPU 317NET with 512kByte configurable in steps to 1, 2, 4 and 8 MByte, 50% program und 50% data, no load memory necessary.
Peripheral interface: Double bus architecture
- Serial bus compatible to S7-300 from Siemens with up to 32 modules per line
- VIPA CPU 314ST/317Sx Highspeed Parallel Bus, 32Bit, 16 slots per 64kByte address capacity. Expandable in groups to4 ports each; data transfer rate > 40 MByte per second, interrupt-capable
Commands: Bit-operations, from 15ns
Word-operations, from 15ns
Fixed point arithmetic, from 15ns
Floating point operations, from 86ns
Cycle: Standard cycle from 100Âµs (open-circuit operation)
User programme-runtime: 100k instructions in command-mix. typ. 2,1ms
Cycle mode adjustable:
- Classic LSB-Mode (reading, executing, writing), Default
- Fast-Parallel-Mode, B+SL-Mode (executing, writing + reading)
Interrupt: Process alarm response time from 100Âµs
Alert: Highspeed alert OB 29 for 500Âµs, OB 28 for 250Âµs!
runtime OBs + alter should be ≤ 50% of total performance
Interfaces Basis CPU
Interface 1: MPÂ²I-Interface, MPI for 32 connections, 12Mbit/s and PtP 3964R, DSub-9
Interface 2: Profibus-DP-Master for up to 126 Slaves, DSub-9
Interface 3: Ethernet-Slot for PG-communication RJ45
Interface 4: USB 2,0 Interface for entering into MPI-network, plug A (CPU317)
Interface 5: Ethernet CP 343, RJ45